Saturday, June 26, 2010

Religion Poisons Everything



Holy shit it's been a while since I was on here. Sorry 'bout that. Been busy with summer school and trying to have some sort of a summer vacation. That's kinda failed at this point. I just started my second class of the summer, which'll be the easiest 'A' I've ever gotten in my life. Literature in Performance. Basically read poems and plays, act 'em out, evaluate others, and... that's it. No exams. No finals. Nothing. Just five performances and evaluations. HOW FUCKING EASY IS THAT?! Week one's already done and I'm psyched. Plus it doesn't start 'till 1pm, so I can sleep in. Epic.

Went to Borders today and I relalized how fucked up my reading selection is. Here's todays buys:

god is not Great by Christopher Hitchens
Becoming Enlightened by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert

All of those guys are complete opposites. It's epic. I read the first chapter of the Christopher Hitchens book and while a tad difficult to read, it's really good and I like it. Once I'm finished with that one, I'll hopefully actually get around to reading my copy of The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. As you can tell, I'm kinda a diehard atheist (who really likes Buddhism. Go figure).

Speaking of atheism, religions been really pissing me off lately. And for no particular reason. It just annoys the shit outta me. Like today, I went to CVS with my mother and noticed there was one of those mini bus things and a large white van. I was like "wtf". Then I saw on the side of the bus the name of the Baptist church they were from and immediately I wanted to set their vehicles on fire. I didn't want any of them within fifty yards of me, let alone plague the CVS I frequent with their nonsensery. I know it's harsh, but religion has fucked me over before, and I want it all gone. Forever.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Super tired. Movie night with my momma tomorrow night. Sweetness. G'night.

-- katee

No comments:

Post a Comment