Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Even though my roommate and one of my suitemates made a bucket list together to complete before the end of college, I'm making mine completely unrelated to theirs. It's something I feel I need to get down, write numerous times all over the place, so I don't forget and I actually do the things on mine. Mind you, they're a lot more complex than probably anything they have because mine include long-term things more than short term and shit that'll take a lot of time and effort to complete [aka it'll take me mucho money and muuuuucho years]. And this will be added to and therefore made into a brand new post everytime I update. So here it goes:
1. Learn Japanese*
2. Learn Chinese
3. Learn Korean
4. Learn Welsh
5. Learn Gaelic
6. Learn Thai
7. Learn Arabic*
8. Be in a feature film [even as an extra]
9. Live in a nice little apartment in Tokyo, even if only for a few months
10. Star in a Japanese commercial
11. Tutor a famous Japanese star in English
12. Have two wedding ceremonies: one in America for the family with a wedding dress, then a Shinto wedding in Japan with a wedding kimono
13. Either build my own house in Japan or renovate an old style house
14. Have kids
15. Adopt a child
16. Publish a book
17. Travel to over 40 different countries
That's all I've got at this point. I know there's a lot more I want to get done, but a lot of it is short-term stuff that I don't feel is really bucket-list worthy.
I really need to finish some homework and get to bed. But I also reeeeeeeeeally wanna watch the latest episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
* In between the stars is all the languages I want to learn. They go in decending order of the proficiency in which I'd like to speak them, though I will say Korean, Welsh, and Gaelic should really share a number on that one, since I'm fairly interested in learning them while Thai and Arabic would be if I have the time.